Ep 17: Top 10 Tax Questions for Retirees in 2023
Retirement can come with a lot of tax questions and concerns. From understanding the tax implications of withdrawing from your retirement accounts to minimizing taxes on investment income, it can be overwhelming.
On today’s episode, we’ll break down the top ten tax questions retirees are asking in 2023. Before you file your 2022 taxes and plan ahead for the rest of the year, make sure to listen to this episode as we’ll discuss some important tax questions that retirees should ask themselves to ensure they're making the most of their retirement savings and minimizing their tax burden.
Here’s some of what we’ll discuss in this episode:
- What are the tax implications of withdrawing money from retirement. (2:03)
- Does the taxation of pension income differ from other forms of income? (5:12)
- How could your taxes change if you move to another state? (9:35)
- What are the tax considerations for gifting money to children and grandchildren? (12:59)
- Should you take advantage of a Roth conversion? (16:40)