As founder of my holistic financial planning firm, my mission is to help my clients live their biggest, boldest, best life. I believe time is our most precious resource, and our wealth should enable us to make the most of our time. I work with successful women and couples who are seeking concrete, creative strategies to fuel an extraordinary, fulfilled life. I am passionate about helping them make informed financial decisions and create long-term financial security. I specialize in retirement planning, risk management, portfolio management, socially-responsible investing, tax minimization, college planning, inheritances, legacy planning and comprehensive wealth management and preservation. I believe in the continual pursuit of excellence, as can be seen by my long list of credentials.
Bachelor of Science, Ministry and Leadership, Dallas Christian College
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®), Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., January 2006
- Certified Fund Specialist (CFS®), Institute of Business and Finance, November 2006
- Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS®), College for Financial Planning, January 2008
- Accredited Asset Management Specialist (AAMS®), College for Financial Planning, July 2008
- Accredited Wealth Management Advisor (AWMA), College for Financial Planning, May 2009
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®), The American College, August 2012
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®), CFA Institute, September 2013
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®), fi360, October 2017
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA), Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts, October 2017
- Certified in Long-Term Care (CLTC), Certification for Long-Term Care, June 2019
- National Social Security Advisor (NSSA®), National Social Security Association, October 2016
- Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM®), CFA Institute, November 2017
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 registrations
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License
- Financial Planning Association, Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter
- CFA Society of Dallas-Fort Worth
- National Association of Women Business Owners, Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter
Director of Membership, 2018-2019
- Toastmasters International
VP, Membership - Southlake Club - January-June 2019
VP, Education - Southlake Club - June-December 2019
- Mid-Cities Running Club
Organizer, 2015 to current
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT ME:
I have been married to Bob for over 30 years. We have three grown children plus a 13-year-old chocolate lab named Duke, who serves as my chief encouragement officer.
I love food of all kinds, but my favorites are seafood, Mexican and Italian. Bob and I enjoy eating at Italiani's, Abuelo's, and many local steakhouses. Our guilty pleasure is an occasional DQ Blizzard.
I like to say I run so I can eat more, but I also run to stay strong. I enjoy running with the Running Family and Mid-Cities Running Club. I have completed 47 marathons and 17 ultra-marathons ranging from 50k to 100 miles, plus another 25+ races of shorter distances. My current running goal is to stay strong on the hills!
My favorite races:
- Texas Road - Cowtown Marathon
- Texas Trail - Rockledge Rumble
- Overall Road - Chicago Marathon
- Overall Trail - Pumpkin Holler
- Adventure race - 81-Mile Badwater Salton Sea which runs from the edge of the Salton Sea across the desert and to the top of Palomar Mountain. I enjoyed the changing conditions, difficult terrain, and the fact it's run as a team of three who must run together all 81 miles in order to have a place in the standings.
I also love to read. Last year, I read 25 books, and I want to read 50 books this year. In addition to the Bible, my current stack of books in progress includes:
- The Longevity Economy by Joseph F. CoughlinThe Longevity Economy by Joseph F. Coughlin
- What to Do When Machines Do Everything by Pring, Frank & Roehring
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Factfulness by Hans Rosling
- Broken Markets by Arnuk & Saluzzi
- The Compassionate Achiever by Christopher L. Kukk, Ph.D.
- The Beautiful Brain by Hana Walker-Brown
If you have a great book suggestion, please send me an email or message!
Contact me at email@example.com or call me at 817-849-1375 to schedule a time to discuss your personal financial situation and how I can guide you on your best financial path with confidence, clarity and simplicity.