Elizabeth Whitteberry, CFP®, CFA®, CIPM®, AIF®
Holistic Financial Planner
You may be wondering who is the founder of Best Path Advisors, and what does she stand for? My name is Elizabeth "Liz" Whitteberry. As founder of my holistic financial planning firm, my mission is to help my clients live their biggest, boldest, best life.
I believe time is our most precious resource, and our wealth should enable us to make the most of our time. I work with successful women and couples who are seeking concrete, creative strategies to fuel an extraordinary, fulfilled life. I am passionate about helping them make informed financial decisions and create long-term financial security.
I specialize in retirement planning, risk management, portfolio management, socially-responsible investing, tax minimization, college planning, inheritances, legacy planning and comprehensive wealth management and preservation.
I believe in the continual pursuit of excellence, as can be seen by my long list of credentials.
Bachelor of Science, Ministry and Leadership, Dallas Christian College
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., January 2006
- Certified Fund Specialist (CFS®), Institute of Business and Finance, November 2006
- Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS®), College for Financial Planning, January 2008
- Accredited Asset Management Specialist (AAMS®), College for Financial Planning, July 2008
- Accredited Wealth Management Advisor (AWMA), College for Financial Planning, May 2009
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®), The American College, August 2012
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®), CFA Institute, September 2013
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®), fi360, October 2017
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA), Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts, October 2017
- National Social Security Advisor (NSSA®), National Social Security Association, October 2016
- Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM®), CFA Institute, November 2017
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 registrations
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License
- Financial Planning Association, Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter
- CFA Society of Dallas-Fort Worth
- National Association of Women Business Owners, Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter
- Director of Membership, 2018-2019
- American Business Women's Association
- Toastmasters International
- VP, Membership - Southlake Club - January-June 2019
- National Association of Parliamentarians
- Mid-Cities Running Club
- Organizer, 2015 to current
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT ME:
I have been married to Bob for over 30 years. We have three grown children plus a 13-year-old chocolate lab named Duke, who serves as my chief encouragement officer.
I love food of all kinds, but my favorites are seafood, Mexican and Italian. Bob and I enjoy eating at Italiani's, Abuelo's, and many local steakhouses. Our guilty pleasure is an occasional DQ Blizzard.
I like to say I run so I can eat more, but I also run to stay strong. I enjoy running with the Running Family and Mid-Cities Running Club. I have completed 47 marathons and 17 ultra-marathons ranging from 50k to 100 miles, plus another 25+ races of shorter distances. My goal for 2019 is to run every day and 1200+ miles for the year, possibly with a few races for fun.
My favorite races:
- Texas Road - Cowtown Marathon
- Texas Trail - Rockledge Rumble
- Overall Road - Chicago Marathon
- Overall Trail - Pumpkin Holler
- Adventure race - 81-Mile Badwater Salton Sea which runs from the edge of the Salton Sea across the desert and to the top of Palomar Mountain. I enjoyed the changing conditions, difficult terrain, and the fact it's run as a team of three who must run together all 81 miles in order to have a place in the standings.
I also love to read and belong to three book clubs. Last year, I read 25 books, and I want to read 50 books this year. In addition to the Bible, my current stack of books in progress includes:
- The Potential Principle by Mark Sanborn
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Factfulness by Hans Rosling
- Dark Pools by Scott Patterson
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- Endure: Mind, Body and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance by Alex Hutchinson
- Own It: The Power of Women at Work by Sallie Krawcheck
- The Compassionate Achiever by Christopher L. Kukk, Ph.D.
If you have a great book suggestion, please send me an email or message!