Elizabeth Whitteberry, CFP®, CFA®, CIPM®, AIF®
Holistic Financial Planner
Elizabeth "Liz" Whitteberry is founder of Best Path Advisors, a holistic financial planning firm in Colleyville, Texas. Her mission is to help her clients live their biggest, boldest, best life. She believes time is our most precious resource, and our wealth should enable us to make the most of our time. She typically works with successful women and couples who are seeking concrete, creative strategies to fuel an extraordinary, fulfilled life. She is passionate about helping them make informed financial decisions and create long-term financial security. She specializes in retirement planning, inheritance planning, tax minimization, college planning, legacy planning and comprehensive wealth management and preservation.
Liz believes in the continual pursuit of excellence, as can be seen by her long list of credentials.
Bachelor of Science, Ministry and Leadership, Dallas Christian College
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., January 2006
- Certified Fund Specialist (CFS®), Institute of Business and Finance, November 2006
- Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS®), College for Financial Planning, January 2008
- Accredited Asset Management Specialist (AAMS®), College for Financial Planning, July 2008
- Accredited Wealth Management Advisor (AWMA), College for Financial Planning, May 2009
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®), The American College, August 2012
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®), CFA Institute, September 2013
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®), fi360, October 2017
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA), Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts, October 2017
- National Social Security Advisor (NSSA®), National Social Security Association, October 2016
- Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM®), CFA Institute, November 2017
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 registrations
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License
- Financial Planning Association, Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter
- CFA Society of Dallas-Fort Worth
- National Association of Women Business Owners, Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter
- Director of Membership, 2018-2019
- American Business Women's Association
- Toastmasters International
- National Association of Parliamentarians
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT LIZ:
Liz has been married to Bob for over 30 years. They have three grown children plus a 13-year-old chocolate lab named Duke, who serves as her chief encouragement officer.
She loves food of all kinds, but her favorites are seafood, Mexican and Italian. She and Bob enjoy eating at Italiani's, Abuelo's, and Texas Land and Cattle. Their guilty pleasure is an occasional DQ Blizzard.
When she's not working or studying, Liz likes to read, watch movies based on real events, and run. She enjoys running with her Running Family and Mid-Cities Running Club, which she organizes. She has completed 48 marathons and 17 ultra-marathons ranging from 50k to 100 miles, plus another 25+ races of shorter distances.
She has many favorite races. In Texas, her favorite road marathon is the Cowtown Maraton; her favorite local trail race is the Rockledge Rumble; and her favorite longer trail race is The Rough Creek Trail Run. Outside of Texas, her favorite road marathon is the Chicago Marathon. But, her all-time favorite race is the 81-Mile Badwater Salton Sea which runs from the edge of the Salton Sea across the desert and to the top of Palomar Mountain. She loved the changing conditions, difficult terrain, and the fact it's run as a team of three who must run together all 81 miles in order to have a place in the standings.
She is currently reading the following books:
- Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything by Joshua Foer
- The Go-Giver series by Bob Burg and John David Mann
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Top Five Regrets of the Dying by Bronnie Ware